Pregnancy & delivery bring a significant amount of pressure on the pelvic floor muscles around the vagina and anus. The abdominal wall also goes under a long period of stretch during pregnancy, weakening the core. In the first 3 months after delivery (so called the Fourth Trimester), it is important for moms to allow their body to heal before going back to moderate-intense physical activities. Indeed, going back to sports too early after baby may create long term damage such as pelvic organ prolapse, pelvic and low back pain and so on.
That being said - what can you do to help your body recover safely in this critical period? This is what you will learn in this class. Bringing awareness to the deep core and pelvic floor muscles and starting to awaken them gently will be the main focus of this 4-week program.
WHO IS THIS FOR?
- Any mom > 3 weeks post partum - babies are absolutely welcome 🙂 However, the class is not suitable for mobile babies.
- We especially recommend this program in the first 3 months after delivery
- The exercises demonstrated in this class are safe for everyone, regardless of your delivery mode (c-section or vaginal)
- The class is offered live in-studio, as well as through online streaming for mammas who may prefer to take it from home or live in a remote area
WHAT YOU WILL GET:
- Learn to reconnect with your body by engaging your deep core & pelvic floor muscles
- Build up your strength progressively & safely before getting back into moderate-intense physical activity & prevent injuries
- Get 1-1 feedback about your exercises from the instructor (in-studio participants)
- Socialize with other moms & babies in the same stage as you (in-studio participants)
- Can't make it to the class one week? Don't worry, we got you covered! Watch it live from home, or simply watch the replay!
- Discuss various topics of interest each week, from protection of your pelvic floor during the 4th trimester, back pain prevention, return to sexual activity after delivery, and more
FORMAT: Small group exercise class in yoga studio, or online through Zoom (live, or recordings available for a full week after each session). Babies welcome!
MAXIMUM NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS: 10
DURATION: 1h30, weekly x 4 weeks
SCHEDULE: Tuesdays from 13:30-15:00 , the program is offered a few times a year. Consult our schedule in our online booking system (starting dates are detailed on the top banner of our online booking page).
LOCATION: 7th Ray Studio (11 Finch Crescent) in Whitehorse, Yukon
COST: 150$ for the in-studio version and 90$ for the online version only. Note that all our in-studio participants will have access to the online streaming and recordings as well. The class is free for clients who purchase a Beyond Birthing Package.
BOOKINGS: https://physioborealis.janeapp.com select option "live in studio" or "live online"
CANCELLATION POLICY: A 2-week notice is required for cancellation without charge. Payments will be processed on your credit card on file 2 weeks before the class starts. No refund after cancellation deadline.
WHAT OUR PARTICIPANTS SAY
“Post partum classes with Sophie were essential to help my body recover from the delivery. Sophie provided helpful tips and exercises that helped me to make peace with my pelvic floor!”- Coralie Langevin
- “The classes and private sessions I attended with Sophie prenatally and post natally were incredibly informative and empowering. You’ll learn how to prepare for the birthing process and how to recover your body after. Sophie is professional, interesting and fun to work with. Definitely worth your time to feel successful and prepared.” – Vanessa Stewart
- “Sophie’s passion, knowledge, professionalism and caring nature shine through in all areas of her work. Her pre and postnatal classes are a must for all mothers! Her postnatal class validated my experience and I learned how to safely strengthen my core to get back into exercising again.” – Sophie Fortier