Designed specifically for pregnant women, this class is meant to provide you with the best knowledge and tools to prepare your pelvis for a smoother delivery & optimal recovery.
ABOUT THE CLASS
Designed specifically for pregnant women, this 4h class (2 sessions x 2h - effective as of August 2019) is meant to provide you with the best knowledge and tools to prepare your pelvis for a smoother delivery & optimal recovery. Birth partners are welcome to attend the 2nd session to learn the best ways to support you through labour, birth & the 4th trimester.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Sophie Villeneuve is a Pelvic Health Physiotherapist specialized in perinatal care. Sophie is a certified Birth Healing Specialist from the Institute for Birth Healing (Denver, Colorado), and she is proud to be the only one in Canada. Sophie has been a leader in raising awareness about pelvic health in the Yukon since opening her clinic in 2015. She is the only one who offers pre & post natal pelvic health classes in the Yukon.
WHO IS THIS FOR? Any pregnant woman - ideally in 2nd or 3rd trimester to keep your knowledge is fresh in mind for birth but still have a bit of time to practice the exercises suggested before Baby comes. Whether or not you are a first time mom, this workshop has been appreciated by all of our participants. Birth partners are invited to join the 2nd session.
"Sophie's prenatal class gave me insight that I didn't learn in any other class or book; I gained so much confidence and clarity in preparing for birth. " - Sophie Fortier
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN...
- The impact of pregnancy & birthing on the pelvic floor
- Concrete exercises to prepare your pelvic floor for delivery and reduce your risk of pelvic injuries
- Our top recommended positions for labour & birth
- With your birth partner, learn how to relieve labour pain & open your pelvis using manual techniques
- Practice the different pushing techniques
- Learn our immediate post partum pelvic care recommendations to best prepare for the 4th trimester
- Core & pelvic floor exercises you can do during pregnancy for an optimal post partum recovery
- Participants are required to bring a big format exercise ball (see on picture above) - recommended to purchase for labour/delivery
- Wear comfortable clothes to move
- PDF E-document for the workshop will be sent by email prior to the class - participants can either print or refer to it on a tablet, computer or phone
- Yoga matts & props provided
DURATION (NEW FORMAT as of Sept 2019): 2 sessions of 2h, one week apart
SCHEDULE: on Thursday evenings from 7:30-9:30 PM, dates are regularly updated at the top of our online booking page
FREQUENCY: Every two months (the first 2 weeks of the month)
PRICE: 195$ (as of August 2019)
LOCATION: Grace Space Studio (Horwood's mall)
CANCELLATION POLICY: No refund for cancellations within 2 weeks of the workshop
BEYOND BIRTHING PACKAGE: This workshop is included as part of our Beyond Birthing packages - if you are planning on getting pelvic health physiotherapy treatments & attending our mom & baby post partum program, we highly recommend to consider a Beyond Birthing package to save on our services. Option to purchase a package will be offered prior to the prenatal class (an email will be sent).
Get a taste of our pre & post natal program by watching this 20-min webinar with Sophie 🙂