How do I sign up for my package?
- Email us to let us know which package you would like to book.
- Proceed to the payment by e-transfer - there is no GST on our packages. A receipt will be provided as a proof of purchase for your own record. In addition, we will send you physiotherapy receipts after each service is provided, which you can then claim to your insurance.
- Book your 1-1 prenatal consultation & the Get your Floor Ready for Baby class (see info below as to when we recommend booking your class & sessions)
When shall I purchase my package?
We recommend signing up earlier than later for your package, as the demand for our services is high and our schedule books a few weeks ahead. All our clients who purchase a package are guaranteed a spot in our schedule and in our group classes.
Will I be able to claim my physiotherapy sessions to my insurance provider?
Absolutely. Here is how it works:
- The amount that you paid for your package will be transferred onto a virtual gift card in your file. Your gift card will be redeemed every time a service is provided. As your package offers a discount on our services, some sessions & classes will be discounted.
- After attending a session or class, a physiotherapy receipt will be issued with the service’s value (ex: 30-min physiotherapy session – 95$). You can then claim this session to your insurance provider.
- Receipts will be provided up to the total amount that you paid for your package.
- You may want to check with your insurance provider if they cover for physiotherapy group exercise classes. If you have any doubts about your coverage, please contact your provider prior to booking.
When shall I book my 1-1 prenatal consultation during pregnancy?
It really depends on your needs. If you experience any pain (pelvis, low back, hips, abdomen) which restricts your ability to move or sleep, we recommend consulting as soon as possible to address it. No pain is normal during pregnancy, and there is no need to suffer through it! We also recommend consulting early if you present any urine leakage issues or vaginal heaviness.
Otherwise, if things are going smoothly and you are more interested in prevention, we recommend consulting later on in your third trimester (between 30-35 weeks).
When shall I attend the prenatal class?
To make the most of it, we recommend to attend it sometime in your third trimester (but ideally earlier than 34 weeks). This way, your knowledge will be fresh in mind for birth, and you will get plenty of time to practice the exercises before Baby comes.
What is the schedule for your prenatal classes?
They are scheduled every 2-3 months, and we guarantee to run them regardless of the number of participants. Consult the header on our online booking system for the specific schedule.
Can my birth partner attend the prenatal class with me?
Absolutely, our program is offered in 2 sessions of 2h each. Your birth partner is invited to join us for the second session to learn how to best support you through your labour & recovery.
I am scheduled for a C-section – is it still relevant for me to attend the prenatal class?
Absolutely. The information provided in our prenatal class is relevant for both women who are planning on a vaginal or c-section delivery.
Is it indicated to attend the prenatal class if I am not a first time mom?
100%. Our satisfaction surveys showed that both 1st time moms & moms who had a previous birth experience found our prenatal classes helpful & relevant. 100% of our past participants mentioned that they would recommend the class to a friend.
When do you recommend booking the post natal assessment?
We normally see our clients around 6 weeks post partum, but we can definitely see you earlier if you have major concerns that you would like to address before then (ex: significant pain restricting mobility). Your post natal assessment will be booked in person at your prenatal visit. This way, there is no need for you to think of booking your session once Baby is born - one less thing to worry about 😉
Can I bring Baby to the post natal class?
Absolutely! We love babies 🙂
When after birth shall I start the post natal class?
Our program is designed for moms in their 4th trimester; more specifically 3-12 weeks. We highly recommend resting and recovering as much as you can for the first 3 weeks following birth and avoid exercising, whether you had a c-section or vaginal delivery. If you are more than 12 weeks post partum, you are still welcome to this class. However, keep in mind that only non mobile babies are accepted in this class.
I had a C-section - can I still attend the post partum exercise class?
Our exercise class is safe and effective both for women who underwent a c-section & vaginal delivery. Pregnancy itself being a risk factor for pelvic floor & core disorders, we recommend any post partum mom to follow our exercise program to heal these parts of their bodies, regardless of their delivery mode. Moreover, many women who had c-sections went through medical interventions such as vacuum, forceps and extensive pushing time. These are all risk factors for pelvic floor damage, which will require some healing and care.
Can I bring Baby to my physiotherapy appointments?
Of course! Our clinic is equipped with a vibrating baby chair and toys to keep your little one happy & make this experience as comfortable as possible for you. If you prefer attending your 1-1 sessions on your own - which we recommend for the first post partum visit, we offer appointments over lunch time & after work hours to make it easier for you and your partner to coordinate Baby's care while you are getting some me-time 🙂
Can I use my 1-1 physiotherapy sessions whenever I want?
Absolutely. Your individualized sessions can be used before or after birth at your own convenience. There is no time limit as to when you can use them post partum. Typically, our clients use one 60-min session before & after birth, and their 30-min follow-up visits after Baby. However, you could decide to use them differently according to your needs. Plan on having your sessions booked in advance if you can, as our schedule tends to book a few weeks in advance. It is easier to cancel your appointments last minute, versus scheduling last minute.
We typically try and schedule your post partum visit before you give birth (according to your due date - 6 weeks post partum) to ensure that you are prioritized in our schedule.
What if I do not need all my follow up visits after birth?
Most of our clients need a minimum of 2-3 physiotherapy sessions post delivery to cover the basics of their pelvic care. Even the most uneventful birth requires basic pelvic health physiotherapy care, and believe us you will need those sessions 🙂 However, if you feel like you do not need your sessions post partum, we will happily discuss your options.
What is included in the 4th trimester recovery kit?
The post partum recovery kit includes a few key items that you will appreciate having during your post partum healing:
- The Fridababy peri bottle: to clean your lady bits after urination or bowel movement, with a more ergonomic design than the one offered at the hospital
- A lactation tea from Terra Life (Jocelyn Murphy, naturopath in Whitehorse): to help with milk production
- Calendula tea leaves from Aroma Borealis: to soak your perineum and help with healing vaginal tears & hemorrhoids
- Nettle leaf tea from Aroma Borealis: to bump up your energy and fight exhaustion/fatigue
- Epsom salt with lavender generously offered by Caroline Alain, Doterra rep: for a relaxation bath before or after delivery
- Information sheet about different ways to use essential oils for mommy care
- Extra absorbent incontinence pads pack: to keep your lady bits dry & help them breath in the first few weeks while you may have some urine leakage
- Organic water based lubricant from Aroma Borealis: to help with vaginal dryness when you feel ready to get back into penetrative intercourse
What does the home visit included in the Experience + package entail?
The Experience + includes one home visit that can be used for one of your physiotherapy sessions already included in your package. It is up to you to pick which session you would like to use as a home visit. Most of our clients will choose to use it for their post partum assessment (around 6 weeks). At that stage, taking Baby out of the routine can be challenging, so receiving your services at home can offer some peace of mind.
Is the home visit available for anyone?
At this time, the home visits are available for our clients located within Whitehorse city limits. If you purchase the Experience + package and you are not located within city limits, please let us know and we will happily discuss your options.
What is the post partum emergency support?
A one-time 20-min phone call that you can request at any time in the first 12 weeks after birth if you have any immediate/urgent concerns. We typically see women at 6 weeks post partum for their pelvic assessment. However, so many concerns can arise before then, and it is always comforting to be able to talk to a professional about these issues and get some immediate advice.
- You went for your first walk with baby after 3 weeks and you feel some intense vaginal heaviness after, what do you do? Is this normal? Should you go your doctor?
- You have intense pain with bowel movement with bleeding and it is not getting any better: what is the best way to manage it?
- You had a c-section and you feel pain around the scar with very mild activity: is this normal? do you need to hold off on that camping weekend you had planned on?
These are all examples taken from clients stories!
With this 20-min emergency support phone call, you can request a 20-min phone consultation with me at any time, and I will make sure to call you within the next 24h (within business days) so we can sort through these issues and give you some recommendations.
The emergency support is a service exclusive to the Experience + package 🙂
The classes and private sessions I attended with Sophie prenatally and post natally were incredibly informative and empowering. You'll learn how to prepare for the birthing process and how to recover your body after. Sophie is professional, interesting and fun to work with. Definitely worth your time to feel successful and prepared. - Vanessa Stewart
I was fortunate to work with Sophie one on one for prenatal care, as well as through her pre and post natal classes. Sophie's passion, knowledge, professionalism and caring nature shine through in all areas of her work. Her pre and postnatal classes are a must for all mothers! Her prenatal class gave me insight that I didn't learn in any other class or book; I gained so much confidence and clarity in preparing for birth. Her postnatal class validated my experience and I learned how to safely strengthen my core to get back into exercising again. - Sophie Fortier
Sophie is such an amazing resource and guide in your prenatal preparation and post natal recovery. I bought one of her packages and it was so worth it! She is knowledgeable and compassionate and will even make funny faces at your baby while treating you! Her service is totally geared to the needs of new mammas. Her post natal excercise class in particular, was great! It was a safe and supportive environment to start healing your body, meet new mammas and talk about the challenges of the fourth trimester. I felt empowered and informed and I had great results! By the end of the four week class my abdominal separation was closed. I can't recommend Sophie enough! - Shari-Lynn McLellan