Although physiotherapists were never officially ordered to close their clinics, most clinic owners chose to do so, awaiting for more information about safe practice in the context of the pandemic.
In consultation with Dr Catherine Elliott this week, some Yukon physiotherapists proposed a guideline for the safe re-opening of our clinics. The guideline was approved by Dr Elliott, allowing us to re-open with a clear plan about safe practices.
These safe practices include:
– COVID19 screening assessment of each client before every appointment
– Cleaning of therapy equipment and commonly touched surfaces in between clients
– Safe distancing
– Availability of PPE (masks, gloves) for situations requiring close contact (ex: during treatment)
– Effective hand hygiene practice for clients and therapists
Physio Borealis will re-open for in-person visits as of this week
– If you had a telehealth consultation scheduled in the next few weeks, please email me if you would like to change it for an in-person visit. You can also swap it online through your client’s account.
– A COVID19 screening form will be sent to you by email – please complete it before your visit.
– Telehealth consultations remain available for those who present symptoms or prefer to continue their treatments virtually